Sunday, December 14, 2014

Oh Captain, My Captain!

Wrote this when the movie came out and for whatever reason it did not publish.
Hey kids,

This is Red, back for another rambling!

Let's talk Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

WOW.

I'm having trouble with this review for the simple reason that I just want to tell you to just go see it. So I'll keep it short.

1. This film isn't for the superhero lover, it's for the action movie lover; because that's what it is, a kick ass action film.

2. If you didn't like the first one because it was "to much like a recruiter's video", get over it. Captain America was created for kids living the nightmare of WW2, he's intentionally patriotic and I like it. That being said, this new one is nothing like the first.

3. I recant my statement from my RoboCop review about Samuel L. Jackson "just not doing it for me". There are a few roles I like him in: Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction, Elijah Price in Unbreakable, and Nick Fury. He never overdose this character and in this newest Marvel installation we get to see a lot more of Mr. Fury. Samuel L. brings it this time around.

4. If you didn't see the first one, you don't need to. This is a stand alone film.

5. GO SEE THE DAMN MOVIE. Seriously, go see it and then we can talk about the film how I want to talk about the film.

I'll leave you with this,

No comments:

Post a Comment